FREEPHONE 01293 310038

to book an initial assessment

Mon - Fri 9AM – 5PM | SAT 8AM – 12AM

Providing professional and experienced driver training for men and women throughout Sussex and Surrey

Car and Trailer Driving Instruction


Need a Car & Trailer Drivers Licence?

Do you use a trailer with your car on a regular basis? Perhaps you take rubbish to the tip or you have a small caravan that you tow down to the local seaside resort for a regular holiday? Did you know that your driving licence might not cover you for that and it’s possible you need extra training and even an extra addition to your licence? But don’t worry! That’s where we come in.

We can provide car and trailer training for whatever you need, whether it’s for occasional leisure use or whether you need to pull a trailer professionally, we have the right advice and the right course to give you the skills and paperwork you need.

Who is the training for?

The chances are, if you have a regular car licence, with the B + E category on it you are fine to drive a small trailer, but if you want to pull anything bigger, like a large horsebox, then you will need to extend your license to cover that.

We have details on the site of all of the licence requirements, to help you decide which is right for you, but you can also contact our experts on xxxxx if you have any questions or doubts about what you need to do.

What is involved?

We offer two types of car and trailer instruction here at our professional driving school. If you are someone who has never driving with a trailer before, we would suggest a more complete five day course which will cover everything you need to know to help you tow and manoeuvre a car with a trailer safely and securely.

If you already have some experience then we offer a three-day instructional course to help top up your existing skills and prepare you to take the car and trailer driving test if you need to add this to your existing license.

The car and trailer test lasts for around an hour and is based on a lorry driving test. It will take place at a lorry and bus driving training centre and does include an off-road reverse manoeuvre, a controlled stop, uncoupling and coupling and driving on the road.

What will you get from doing this training?

Once you have completed this training, you will be fully skilled and legally compliant to drive your car with a small size trailer so it’s perfect for leisure users such as regular caravanners who tow a small caravan behind their car.

If you tow a small horsebox, this instruction and test will really help you to improve your skills behind the wheel and ensure you meet the required legal requirements.

Or professionally, if you are, for example, a builder who needs to use a trailer regularly to move heavy materials, or take rubble to the dump, this instruction and test will be perfect for allowing you to carry out that role within the license requirements.

How much will it cost?

It depends on which course you opt for and how much experience you already have but our fully professional instruction course and test for car and trailer driving starts from just £400 and makes sure you are legally compliant.

How do I find out more?

We can offer unique courses for both men and women and our supportive, friendly and knowledgeable team are here to help so why not call us for a quick chat to see if this is the right course for you and get booked in?

As well as the instructional course and the test, we can also offer help and support to secure a job as professional driver, if that’s what you are looking for, through our professional recruitment pack which is full of advice and tips and tricks to help you secure your first driving position.

We are a professional driver training school, geared up to offer a full range of HGV and LGV training to suit all your needs so why not give us a call today and get started on the next stage of your unique driving experience.

Our courses can kickstart a new career or just make sure that when you are driving for leisure you are doing so as safely and skillfully as you can. Talk to us today and we will advise you on the next steps you need to take.

Do you want a training quote for:

LGV/HGV driving training - rigid and arctic7.5 tonne vehicleLorry loader trainingPCV and mini-bus training (D1)Car and trailer instructionMotor home and horse box driver trainingTruck and bus trainingDriver CPC training

*First Name:

*Last Name:


*Phone Number:


Leisure licence users

Do you drive a motor home? Do you tow a caravan? Do you tow a trailer greater than 750 kilos? Do you use a horsebox? Are your weights legal? You may need to talk to us – call us today for FREE impartial advice on 0808 146 9188.

Vocational licence users – LGV/HGV training

Are you paid to use your licence, then you are a vocational licence holder.

Vocational licence training includes but is not exclusive: Building trades driver training, scaffolder lorry training, delivery driver training, courier driver training, general haulage LGV/HGV training, waste management LGV/HGV training, ambulance C1 (7.5 tonne licence) and D1 training (minibus licence).

Call Crawley Truck and Bus Training Ltd today for more information or to book an initial assessment on

FREEPHONE 01293 310 038